Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @krs12345

Just keep in mind, Sony state:

"Adds support for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR format via HDMI input"

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi @krs12345

Just keep in mind, Sony state:

"Adds support for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR format via HDMI input"

Cheers

Good shout. 

Those of you in the UK with an Amazon Fire TV should be able to see this on the iPlayer Beta section (in the Amazon iPlayer app). Worth seeing if that works. 

That said, I've used the HLG demo on the Fire TV before the demo and it looks great :slight_smile: 

profile.country.SE.title
vashirv
Explorer

I have the same issue with Plex and Kodi app (not tested the others yet). I am not able to get 5.1 surround sound. Hope Sony and mediaTek implement the ENCODING_IEC61937 API.

profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

I see the speaker volume graphic display is appearing not so often.

I mean, usually, on a standard TV, when you push the volume button, immediately, on the screen appears the graphic bar or something showing the volume level. On the 49XD8305 with Nougat, the level is not shown immediately but after a while, often, a long while.

Paolo.

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

I sometimes get this running Marshmallow on a 2015 KD49X8305

profile.country.GB.title
k.przebinda
Explorer

About month after update to Android 7.0 for 55xd8005:

Dissapearing USB

1. for rec hdd 2,5 500 GB (toshiba usb.3.0)

2. for movies - pen drive 32 GB (platinet/hama)

3. for memory - pen drive 16 GB (sandisk usb 3.0)

After reset everything ok. Two days later don't see pen drives - after reset - see all -

after next 2 days don't see hdd rec - so this is lottery

Sometimes disconnect ethernet - so reset.

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

@vashirv wrote:

I have the same issue with Plex and Kodi app (not tested the others yet). I am not able to get 5.1 surround sound. Hope Sony and mediaTek implement the ENCODING_IEC61937 API.

The Archos video app works with a Plex server, it seems to play 5.1, and is able to fix eventual lip-sync issues. I almost only use that these days. Try it!

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

I have this problem too - everythign worked fine until update v.3.885.

You woudl think that, seeing as this is an advertised feature of the TVs, Sony would put an emergency fix in place very soon.

Otherwise they are continuing to sell TVs with a false description - saying USB works when it does not in any reasonable way.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

well, the were selling them like that since the beggining. Recording was not possible for months after they enter the market. And expandable storage came a few monts back with MM. But we can say that it is still missing since it just doesn't work. Except for those few hours after reboot.

profile.country.SE.title
vashirv
Explorer

I tried and installed Archos video app from Google Play store on my KD65XD7505BAEP running Android 7.0. The 5.1 surround sound (via optical SPDIF passthrough) did not work. I did try both "Mode 1" and "Mode 2". 

The only app that is capable of outputting surround sound at the moment is a special custom build of KODI called "*****ty build". It uses a hack and fakes passthrough via PCM. I really hope that Sony does fix the implementation of the ENCODING_IEC61937 in next update all apps can support 5.1 audio without ugly hacks.