Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Risc0n schrieb:

Can we EVER hope for proper drivers from MediaTek? This is the single biggest reason for performance issues.

Looking over to mobile, I don't think so. MediaTek is well known for not fixing severe issues, keeping the SoC software support cycle short and not opening up Linux drivers under mandatory GPL. That's the price you pay for buying a cheap SoC.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

BTW, Philips seems to have started rolling out Nougat (7.1.2) firmware for their MT5890 based 2016 models. So I assume that MediaTek drivers are "ready".

NOTICE: Kodi compiled Aug 22 2017 by GCC 4.9.0 for Android ARM 32-bit API level 21 (API level 21)
NOTICE: Running on PHILIPS QM163E with Android 7.1.2 API level 25, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.10.79
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Also Amazon is moving away from crappy MediaTek now... CHECK

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

BTW, Philips seems to have started rolling out Nougat (7.1.2) firmware for their MT5890 based 2016 models. So I assume that MediaTek drivers are "ready".

NOTICE: Kodi compiled Aug 22 2017 by GCC 4.9.0 for Android ARM 32-bit API level 21 (API level 21)
NOTICE: Running on PHILIPS QM163E with Android 7.1.2 API level 25, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.10.79

I'm think your mistaken, Philips 2017 TVs is still running 6.0.1? 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

No. OTA rollout started in some regions.

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

Hi! Any news for 7.0 update for W808C series?

I saw Sony said about it that news will arrive in this autumn, but still nothing (I know the autumn didn't ended :smile:). Anyone who knows something?

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

No. OTA rollout started in some regions.

Please share links to announcement! :wink: 

Here's from Philips forum which is a 2017 model running 5.1: 

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?43769-Android-TV-version-6-for-32PFS6402

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

A Kodi user reported it on the Kodi communities, also see Kodi log:

He received it via OTA update on the device and was experiencing the problem under Nougat afterwards that MediaTek did not implement the new IEC passthrough API.

I can't share the link right now as Kodi forum is currently offline due to the server being relocated.

It has not yet been officially announced by Philips.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero
profile.country.US.title
EzerchE
Explorer

I updated my 55XE9305 to Nougat but still having 2 annoying problems. first when i open Guide, it changes channel to another one automatically. And second i cannot write to the USB disks. And adding PS4 controllers menu is gone. but you can add it as a bluetooth device.