Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
davehawk
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
thelad86
Explorer

Did mine yesterday, OTA(had it force TV to find update despite auto update on) and like yourself all seems to be good here.........so far.

profile.country.GB.title
thelad86
Explorer

Should add set which is a 55X930C.

profile.country.GB.title
jamieyates79
Explorer

Updated our X8309C TV a few days ago. All working well here. Performance is good and we've had no resets so far. 

I disabled Samba by not agreeing to the terms during activation. This also prevents the pop up. We also don't have YouView activated mainly due to performance on previous OS versions. 

profile.country.IE.title
markthemasterful
Explorer

Updated my KDL-55W805C yesterday. All looked to be fine. Responsiveness had improved. However Bravia Sync now does not work with BDP-S7200 or STR-DN1060.

Tried powering off everything for a while. No success. Tried factory reset on everything. No change. Cant seem to find any answers online. 

profile.country.IE.title
markthemasterful
Explorer

Update:

Problem solved. Went into Settings/Android apps and cleared the data on anything Bravia Sync related. Worked straight away.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

For a laugh I tried the Amazon application, this is still best avoided. Thankfully I'm not reliant on the Android applications. 

I've got the same tv 55x8005c and Amazon Prime video is now working flawlessly for me.  Even in 4k. The update also seems to make Amazon and Netflix play smoother.  Very good update overall. 

profile.country.IE.title
markthemasterful
Explorer

Update 2:

But then it stopped working later. Back to square one. Very frustrating. Surely Bravia Sync is an important and fundamental part of the Sony ecosystem and should just work without any issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
tomallen35

To get my STR-DN1040 working with ARC and HDMI CEC (Bravia Sync), I ended up factory resetting both the TV and the receiver but that didn't help. I then plugged the receiver into another HDMI CEC compatible TV with a spare HDMI cable (which i think was just 1.4 spec rather than 2.0 that I use for my main TV) and that got both CEC and ARC working again.

I then plugged my 55XD9305 back into the STR-DN1040 and everything worked as expected. I now see multiple devices showing up on HDMI 4 again as it was before the update.

I don't know if this will fix your issue, but you have a similar receiver to me and a similar issue so may be worth trying.

What I do know is that I hate the way that HDMI handshaking, CEC, ARC and HDCP all work but I guess that isn't ever going to change :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Ricbro
Explorer

So I've been holding off doing the nougat update, I've seen somewhere on here that if you do install the nougat update that you can't install APKs from other sources.

Does anyone who has done the update know if that is correct?

Reason is after each system update I like to perform a reset and I use some apps that I download through apkmirror as they aren't available through the built in play store, just need to know I still have this option after the update as you can't roll back to MM.

Thanks