Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
andres430
Explorer

Well, mine is a 55W809C, no, not US customer but I'm redirected to europe, I'm a south american customer.

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Has anyone got any more news on this? any announcements? it's March 2018... come on Sony, at least give us a time table. Buying a 2015 ATV from Sony has been one of the worst purchase decisions I've ever made - if this TV doesn't get some kind of fix soon it's going in a skip. 

profile.country.GB.title
sparkes81

Where do you live? I'll come and pick up your TV from you and 'take it to the skip' for you for free.

'one of the worst purchase decisions I've ever made' !?! Really? HaHa.

Sony have stated that the schedule for updating 2015 and 2016 android TV's is tba in spring 2018.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00178825

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

This is what Sony has said "We're currently refining the firmware package for the Nougat operating system on these models. A new updated schedule will be available by spring 2018"

Spring starts on March 20th so they have just over 2 weeks to announce a schedule.

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

@arronshields wrote:

Has anyone got any more news on this? any announcements? it's March 2018... come on Sony, at least give us a time table. Buying a 2015 ATV from Sony has been one of the worst purchase decisions I've ever made - if this TV doesn't get some kind of fix soon it's going in a skip. 

Don't worry, it will come. It's already out in US :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

it been out to US customers for some time now. Only we have been left behind.. Damm you sony!!!!

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

After all the mess we have got from those Sony updates in the past, do you realy think we should wait for another  update full of bugs :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Well, you have to hope @bbrks011 that one day the updates will actually *fix* problems rather than create more! Currently with my KD-43X8305C: 

1) The picture crashes at random intervals leaving sound but with a blank screen, forcing a restart to fix

2) Apps 'stop working' constantly, including the lean back launcher which forces a restart

3) 5.1 surround sound doesn't work or pass through properly in a number of apps because of the (bad) implementation of the Android API

4) The TV guide in Youview moves with the conviction of an arthritic snail on sedatives 

It basically fails at being a TV, forget the 'Smart' part of it, I'd settle for a usable, reliable TV. I've been buying Sony products for 20+ years, this is by far the worst one I've bought. 

profile.country.BR.title
oliveirasam
Explorer

I have the XBR-65X905C (2015) model, and updated manually to nougat. Just stick a pen drive with the firmware in it.

This is the official link:

https://esupport.sony.com/BR/p/model-home.pl?mdl=XBR65X905C&LOC=3#/downloadTab

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Thank you @oliveirasam but no support for my model on that website. I have to wait for the European update unfortunately 😞