Join now - be part of our community!

Android 9 Update On KD49XG8096BU Broke YouTube & Netflix

profile.country.GB.title
will.holdsworth
Explorer

Android 9 Update On KD49XG8096BU Broke YouTube & Netflix

I recently updated my TV after a prompt and was pleased to see that my TV was being updated from 8.0.0 to 9. 

However, the joy quickly faded as I found out both Netflix and YouTube no longer play video. YouTube now shows a still frame of the video and plays a few seconds of audio before cutting out and Netflix only plays audio. 

I thought I could get round the issue by casting, but the same issue occurs. Weirdly, Disney+ still works without a hitch. I thought it might be to do with the codecs that are being used by Netflix/YouTube, but I have no idea how I'd check/change these sorts of settings.

I've been through all the usual turn off/on, unplug, factory reset, network reset, app updates/clear app data to try and fix the issue. So far nothing I've tried has managed to resolve the issue.

If anyone has had any similar issues please let me know how you managed to get them resolved.

2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

Hi will.holdsworth,

Since you have tried all the basic steps already, then make sure that you TV is up to date from here as it seems to be a software glitch: https://bit.ly/3vMMUZW

profile.country.GB.title
buyukbang
Explorer