Join now - be part of our community!

Video won’t play anywhere (not YouTube)

Rwashko
New

Video won’t play anywhere (not YouTube)

I have a new Bravia Android TV and it keeps getting stuck streaming non-YouTube video. It will be working fine but then just stop working. I can access video apps and select the video I want to play, but after that nothing happens. In Netflix the spinner goes up to 99% and then freezes. HBO Now, Amazon Prime Video and CBS All access shows the first screen of video I want to watch, but won’t advance the video. I can skip forward and see frozen screens of what I want to watch, but videos won’t play when I hit play! YouTube appears to be working fine and video is playing fine in that app.

Clearing the Cache and data doesn’t work, however, when I do a factory reset, the problem is fixed! The apps all work again, and video plays. But I have done a factory reset 3 times this week and the problem is fixed for a while and then comes back. Uninstalling and re-installing individual apps doesn’t help. There has to be a permanent solution that doesn’t require me to do a factory reset every time I want to stream some video!!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
buyukbang
Explorer