Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.GB.title
cylist
Explorer

I have a KD 49xd8099 had it approx 6 months but when got back from holidays no internet, when you turn on the set all seems ok then message is displayed on screen

profile.country.GB.title
ajayashish
New

Anyone know if I can use my Bravia Android TV to connect to the internet using enterprise USERNAME/PASSWORD combination or using a WEB INTERFACE

profile.country.GB.title
delyan90
Explorer

Hi,

I bought a smart tv model KD-65XD8599 few months ago and it keeps losing the Wi-Fi connection. While I'm watching Netflix or Amazon or no matter what I'm doing. 

It does it at least 3 or 4 times a day and I don't know how to fix it?

Thank you 

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

I wouldn't even try. Get some cheap powerline adapters, they don't have to be blistering fast and switch the wifi off. Switch your router off for at least an hour. That's all I could do to get it to work

profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
RoyMonZ
New

i solved this by making sure the time and date was correct.

i was watching netflix, but after some time, it changed my time to a completly different time, after that i could not connect to anything

network check sayd ok

but nothing worked, so make sure the time and date are not more then 15 minutes off.

Hello 

I have a Sony bravia KD49XE8004. I have a wired Ethernet connection to my router however every time I switch off the TV it needs to reconnect every time I turn it back on. 

Is there any way to make sure it remains always connected? I have checked all the settings on the TV. 

Thankyou... you're the only person to explain how to do a soft reboot with power button...tried it and it worked!!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@Mohazul1990: Try increasing your Lease Time to 7 days on the router. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, then try reserving an IP address dedicated to the TV on the router’s client list.

profile.country.GB.title
lulusony2629
Explorer

Hi, i got my KD55X8000E sony andriod TV.  after i did the software update my wifi kept showing wifi connected but no internet connection. is there a way i can undo the software update i did for the TV.