Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Are you sure you didn't install any strange app?
What's strange for me are the first two row in the log that seems to try accessing an intranet address (10.x.x.x Address won't be routed by any internet router) and if I remember well port 443 is used by SMB sharing protocol
profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

hi,

these were taken after factory reset number 45,000 :slight_smile:

443 is generally http(s)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are right sorry...445 is smb
profile.country.GB.title
Philip1966
New

Once in a while my Internet connection plays up,I have to do a soft reset, hold down the power button for 5 or 6 seconds the TV will reset itself wait a couple of minutes and the TV connects.It's a pain but its an android operating system ,I will not buy one again

Blacktip69
Explorer

Having read around various Sony forums and others, it appears that there is clearly an issue here with Sony as a company (something that I thought that I would never say) when it comes to them carrying out any sort of QA on WI-FI & Ethernet LAN Drivers Testing. The messages about issues with WI-FI & Ethernet LAN drivers go back years over different models, but the same issues crop up time and time again. As forums area a great feedback tool to the company selling a product, which then loops back into the R&D, QA departments etc... , then people like Sony need to wake up here and take this issue seriously as it frustrates the client (us, and they seem to forgotten about us in this mix) no end and will only serve to make our feet keep moving in another direction like a Samsung in future. You have been warned Sony.

And before anyone suggests it:-

1) A power cycle

or

2) A Factory Reset

or

3) Blame the Network/Router/Switch for an issue that has in some cases only been evident after an upgrade of the firmware on the TV.

None of the above fixes poorly coded drivers.

The fix here is to identify the issue, ensure that you can replicate it, produce the code that addresses the issue, beta test the code and assuming that it all OK, roll this out to the poor people you took money from and have been palming off with poor excuses up to now.

Blacktip69

Team Leader - Networking (Ethernet/Routers/Switches) & Security (Firewalls/IDS/IPS)

(So I know what I am talking about)

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

It's just a Sony issue, they're not interested in fixing or improving it and it's been going on years. Android TV is getting better and better so my next choice will probably be a Samsung - nice snappy menus, great connectivity and comparable screens. Easy choice for me!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

just a fast search on google... 24 pages of thread related to connectivity issue on Sammy various model...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-wifi-and/td-p...

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Fine. Philips tv then! Personally never found anyone with issue on a Sammy tv, plenty with Sony

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

another fast search on google and ... oops there is no support site for Philips :wink:

just joking, any smart platform has its own share of issues, Android TV a little more probably due to is nature of being not related to a specific manufacture. Anyone is free to select what is right for him

profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

What we need is a nice friendly developer to have a play.

I downloaded the SDK and was able to trace but couldnt do it at network connection as of course you need a network connection to run the trace :slight_smile:

It could be IPV6 related, even with it turned off on the router the TV is still displaying IPV6 address.

If was pure linux id be in there :slight_smile:

A