Join now - be part of our community!

ARC-Enhanced HDMI Problem KD-55A8G

SOLVED
profile.country.US.title
Virgil10
Explorer

ARC-Enhanced HDMI Problem KD-55A8G

Hello,

Every time I activate Enhanced HDMI and have a sound system (Samsung HT-H5500) connected via HDMI3 ARC, after the TV goes to sleep or is turned off Bravia Sync gets disabled and I will not be able to get ARC working again until Enhanced HDMI is turned to Standard.

Is this a known issue?

I am looking into buying an AV Receiver and run all my PS4, Chromecast 4K and any other video hardware through it, but if I will not be able to turn Enhanced HDMI on all of this would be useless.

I am running the latest update: Firmware update to v6.6545 for TV perform through USB update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your soundbar is quite old and could have some compatibility issue. In any case it should not have any use of full bandwith. You should have no problem with newer one (and if it's a Sony it is guaranteed)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your soundbar is quite old and could have some compatibility issue. In any case it should not have any use of full bandwith. You should have no problem with newer one (and if it's a Sony it is guaranteed)

profile.country.US.title
Virgil10
Explorer

Yes, it hasn't any use but for now my PS4 PRO does (connected on HDMI2) and so will any AVR.

Think I will have to test any AVR (even a Sony one) before I buy it which might be hard to do...

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Virgil10 

Can you not turn on Enhanced HDMI port by port? As you don’t need it for the sound system connection, not even for 3D BluRay playing,

I’m assuming you are talking about the thing that gives you the UHD 50P/60P 4:4:4 and 4:2:2, and not the e in eARC, which the sound system won’t support (though it does support ARC) and which will require an HDMI with Ethernet cable if/when you do get a modern AVR which will support it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…