Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Sync

profile.country.GB.title
SPB1960
Explorer

Audio Sync

Hi, I have a Sony Android TV (KD-49XH8196) connected to a Sonos Beam sound bar, a Virgin V6 box & a Sony DVD player. I have an audio sync issue with all of these that wasn't there until i installed the Sonos Beam sound bar. I need to advance or speed up the Audio or delay the video somehow. On the Sonos app you can only delay the sound not speed it up so that's not an option. I have now connected the beam to TV with an optical cable rather than HDMI. I have adjusted the audio setting in the V6 box from Dolby Digital to Dolby to PCM. I've played with several different settings on the TV but still got the issue. It's only out by a small amount but i need to sort it. Please help me!!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@SPB1960  ha scritto:

I have an audio sync issue with all of these that wasn't there until i installed the Sonos Beam sound bar. 

I think your best bet is to continue with Sonos https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/audio-sync-issue-6847651

profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

Have you turned audio sync off in your TV settings?

It sorted out my audio sync issues with an AV Receiver.

profile.country.GB.title
SPB1960
Explorer

Thanks for the replies Chaps, much appreciated. Unfortunately i don't seem to have an audio sync setting on my particular Sony android TV? Also Sonos don't seem to be able to help me any further as you are only able to delay audio on their app & i need to go the other way which isn't possible. I seem to have gone as far as i can with it given the products that i currently have. I could change the setting on the TV to PCM but this greatly compromises sound quality so what's the point in having a soundbar. I saw someone mention a HDMI switch with optical output? does anyone think that might help?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do not think adding an extra device will help. For A/V sync setting you should have this menu

https://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/support/interactive/pie/index.html#tv_emu_a_p_set_av_sync

profile.country.GB.title
SPB1960
Explorer

Hi & thanks for the detailed option. I've followed your instruction but there isn't an AV sync option on my android TV?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Is it on Android Pie? May you post a picture of the same menu on your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
SPB1960
Explorer

No problem, please excuse my ignorance but how do i attach the photo's i have taken on here? Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just use the highlighted button

Annotation 2020-09-03 163546.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
SPB1960
Explorer

IMG_0648.jpgIMG_0647.jpg