Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer 4k support in time for the World cup?

profile.country.GB.title
ajwool

BBC iPlayer 4k support in time for the World cup?

So, will we finally get Bbc iPlayer support in time for the World Cup? Announcement coming imminently:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/bbc-4k-hdr-world-cup-confirmation-week-away

529 REPLIES 529
profile.country.GB.title
lukejohnson

Great 32 bit is what I downloaded....

One last question....how do I obtain the “beta” version of iPlayer www?

profile.country.GB.title
rod_hull

@Kuschelmonschter - Calm down dear!

I had assumed since the A53 had twice the cores (which also run 100MHz faster than those in the A17) it would be quicker.

Honestly, they're both pretty poor for high end TVs IMO...

profile.country.GB.title
rod_hull

This might get taken down (last time I posted a link to GitHub it did) but here goes:

https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.iplayerwww/releases/tag/3.0.28-beta2

profile.country.GB.title
jan.hansen957

Why couldn't Sony use Amlogic S905x or S912? My cheap $55 Mi Box is so extremely fast compared to my ATV 2 sony TV

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@jan.hansen957  schrieb:

Why couldn't Sony use Amlogic S905x or S912? My cheap $55 Mi Box is so extremely fast compared to my ATV 2 sony TV

Because requirements in a TV are different. You have DTV tuners, image processors a.s.o.

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

On my XE9005 when trying the suggested method it doesn't work at all.

With latest kodi alpha nightly it crashed kodi. With alpha 2 it doesn't load the stream.

I've used iplayer latest files from uhd trial branch. In kodi the version is 3.0.28 beta 2.

Aside of that I followed the instructions and enabled adaptive input stream. 

However one question, it is also geo restricted?

Any ideas? 

profile.country.GB.title
rod_hull

In the iPlayer WWW add-on's settings, did you make sure to change to the DASH streams (and not HLS)?

Another thing to note: streams 1-4 (and then only sometimes some not all of them) are only active during broadcast of a WC or Wimbledon game, whilst 5 should be available and looping 24/7...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

However one question, it is also geo restricted?

For sure it is.

profile.country.GB.title
jan.hansen957

Is stream 5 working for you guys now??

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

question for thosewho are usng the Iplayer app on theRoku + to view the world cup and  wimbledon hdr content. ? could  you  let me know  what the iplayer app version is on the roku+ is please. I'm also really interested to know what resolution is reported in the app info because the  iplayer app on the Virgin V6 box which btw can access the  hdr content, only shows a resoluton of  720 not 4k so  realy interested to know if the iplayer app on the Roku+  states  4k resolution or if its also  720 thanks. You should  find that information under settings / help

cheers