Join now - be part of our community!

Black bar across screen on Netflix and YouTube

Black bar across screen on Netflix and YouTube

Hi all!

I've got a Sony Android TV. It's a couple of years old but it has developed a black bar watching Netflix or YouTube. If I go back to the home menu, it disappears, so not a screen fault.

Also, turning power off and on fixes it temporarily, but it'll come back. Did a full reset, and still happened with no apps installed.

I've got Spotify and redbull apps installed, but nothing else.

Any ideas what's causing this? All my searches have been less than fruitful!

Cheers

IMG_20171031_184721 black bar.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @kubinewbie and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

It sounds like your TV may possibly need a repair - I think your best bet is to get in touch with Support so they can look into this for you (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
KikiDee
New

How did you go with this @kubinewbie?  I found this thread doing a search for exactly the same issue!!!  Same line, same place on the screen, goes away on home screen but comes back whenever watching something!  :confused:

profile.country.GB.title
Salma116
New

Hi  KikiDee, did you manage to resolve this too? I am having the same issue with the black bar across my screen. 

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Hi,

I've been having the same issue, I've contacted support and after going through a load of stupid and pointless steps, they have said this moring "We can confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation and you will be updated within 24 working hours."

I'm a stoborn bugger so will be riding them on this, I've found seveal threds on this so I'll try and keep people updated on all the threads as to what responce I get.

Bitjedi
New

I have the same issue.  It would be great if you could keep us updated about how your investigation progresses.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

@Bitjedi wrote:

I have the same issue.  It would be great if you could keep us updated about how your investigation progresses.

Thanks

Will do, been on them for a while now and getting a bit of a run around. They keep asking the same question (I don't know how many times they have asked me to unplug...).

I've got 4 threads on here I'm wating and 2 on Reddit all with the same issue too.

I'll be giving them a nudge in a few days if I don't hear anything.