Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth pairing issues 49XG9005 December 2019

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

Bluetooth pairing issues 49XG9005 December 2019

I have the Sony 49XG9005 TV and I am trying to connect via Bluetooth my brand new Sony WH-1000M3 wireless headphones. Both these items are current products as of December 2019 and made by the same company. The headphones support many codecs and connect to other devices in the house instantly. I have spent hours trying to connect to the TV via Bluetooth but it simply won’t work. (Have factory reset the headphones and switched off all other Bluetooth devices to no avail) With the new update for Android on its way I was looking forward to Dolby Atmos through the headphones, but I have my doubts now. If I am forced to buy a Bluetooth transmitter will I still get the low latency and fingers crossed the Dolby Atmos when it eventually arrives? These headphones are very highly specked and capable of 3D sound so it would be a shame not to make use of them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

Update complete and Bluetooth found the headphone with no need to factory reset TV. All good here, thanks for showing an interest. If you know the answer to this question I would be pleased to know... Can I get Dolby Atmos through to the headphones? That would be a real winner. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do not think the bandwidth via bluetooth could be enough and I am not sure your tv will ever get dolby atmos anyway. Good that you solved in any case

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you try just rebooting your tv by pressing and hold the power off button?

profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have rebooted the TV, (Hold down power button) but no real progress.

The best I managed on two occasions was that the device was seen by the TV as a new device but after about 40 seconds the message "Couldn't Connect" appeared. As I type I am doing a manual USB update incase that helps in any way rather than wait untill my TV gets the November update. Oddly enough , with the USB in any of the three ports the TV fails to know a USB has been inserted? I am now trying a different memory stick on the off chance the other was corrupted, though it works fine on my PC so this is a long shot.

Anyway back to the headphones, I have checked the Sony website and it looks as though both my Sony products should be Bluetooth compatible so any advice is very welcome. Can this be anything to do with sound settings? I.e. TV speakers and external sound bar both in use (Optical link to sound bar)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should work . After the upgrade you may want to try a factory reset 
profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

I will try the second USB stick now. I assume it makes no difference which of the three USB ports are used?

profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

Dodgy first USB stick, update in progress. Amazing.

profile.country.GB.title
TopDaddy25
Explorer

Update complete and Bluetooth found the headphone with no need to factory reset TV. All good here, thanks for showing an interest. If you know the answer to this question I would be pleased to know... Can I get Dolby Atmos through to the headphones? That would be a real winner. Thanks again.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do not think the bandwidth via bluetooth could be enough and I am not sure your tv will ever get dolby atmos anyway. Good that you solved in any case