Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RobinPeter
Explorer

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

Hello All,

I have searched for this subject with no success?

My 10 month old Bravia Android (KD43XH8096BU) keeps rebooting/restarting every 2 or 3 hours

whilst we are using it? 

Is it a problem since a update? Has anyone else experienced the same?

Sometimes the volume stops working too & I have to unplug it(TV) for a minute to get it back!!

What are the recomendations for curing it? 

Thanx in advance folks.

Tags (1)
51 REPLIES 51
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey ExpatScot, let us know what happens please.

profile.country.GB.title
ExpatScot

So, done all that and it still reboots, losing sound first then restarting in the middle of a program.

Getting very fed up.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

I’ve had my TV changed and it’s still doing it. Also my Netflix app is playing up, the whites are pink. 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Netflix is like that, it's a Colour setting, a Netflix colour setting, it's very Warm. You can switch it off just choose anything else  as your picture mode.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

It only happens via the app and not through Sky Q

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Yep it's not a fault it's an automatic setting, a Netflix Picture setting. You just have to switch it off, have a root about in settings. It's because your Sony TV supports Netflix Picture settings, when you are using the Netflix app on the TV, the TV KNOWS you are using Netflix. When you are using Netflix on your SkyQ all the TV knows is that something is plugged into an HDMI port.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Ah I see, I’ll have a play around. I have to be honest what with the constant rebooting issue and various bits n bobs I’m really disappointed with my TV at the mo.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

The rebooting sounds like a pain...have you done a factory reset? It could be a dodgy app. But I don't know. The Netflix setting and the Dolby Vision settings are both terrible...I have mine set to Vivid for everything and Dolby Sound for the audio.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

It’s a firmware issue that Sony are well aware of. I’ve tried every fix possible.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

We'll keep moaning at them, my TV had a firmware problem for 6 months...I eventually (with a lot of emails) managed to get the TV changed as it was under warranty but it was a struggle. The Sony I have now though is absolutely superb. Best TV I have ever owned.