Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Android TV - Why is Programme List Transfer greyed out?

Mkohman
Explorer

Bravia Android TV - Why is Programme List Transfer greyed out?

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL43W805C and updated yesterday to the latest firmwared. After scanning the satellite tuner, I have several hundreds of programmes. I need to go through these to delete and reorder them, but the built-in functionality is severely lacking in this department.

I discovered a piece of software called Sony Editor, but this requires the programme list to be transfered to a USB drive. Even with an empty USB drive inserted into the TV, the "Programme List Transfer" option in the Satellite/Technical menu is greyed out. Why is this and what can be done to enable it?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi there

Are you using an external wireless Keyboard connected to USB? Not a Bluetooth one.

I had the same problem when my Logitech K400+ keyboard was connected to a USB port.

I removed the small keyboard USB receiver and voila !!! 

Technical Set-up --- Programme List Transfer was selectable again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant help but laugh at how something like that interfers with the detection of a usb storage device for the programme transfer list.  :grin:

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes!!!

Back to early '90s PC USB problems :laughing:

radioalarm
Explorer

Hi. At least on my W755C the problem was another USB drive inserted in dedicated recording port. I pulled it out, and menu choice was enabled instantly. I could backup DVB-C cable channels and edit them in in software.

P.S. what a crappy interface, do not buy those Android TVs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this problem will get resolved with future FW updates.

profile.country.IE.title
tondaly63
Explorer

We're in Dec 2018 now & the problem still hasn't been sorted :frowning2:

profile.country.IE.title
jgohara
Explorer

That's the solution to my problem too.

I had a USB plugged in to another port that I use for my wireless keyboard and mouse. They make life very simple I think, but there is always a down side. So I plugged this little USB out and immediately my Transfer Programme Lis icon becomes active...Yahoo!

Thanks very much for the revelation. 

profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

1. my Android tv witch cost £780 only lasted three years .is that how long thay last .having to replace a tv at this time of year is not good .iv still got two years to pay it off .dont think ill buy any more sony products again witch is a shame as it was a great TV .it was the KD49xD8077 .after year one it got replaced as it had one dead pixel .so its only two years old .so £780 tv last two .thanks for nothing iv been a fan of sony for ever