Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD-43XE8077 stability problems after recent auto upgrade to V8.00

profile.country.GB.title
Walt1969
New

Bravia KD-43XE8077 stability problems after recent auto upgrade to V8.00

My Bravia KD43XE8077 performed an auto update to the software V665201 which includes android V8.0.0.  Since then the TV has been unstable in that it will regularly stop responding to the remote and reboot whilst you are interacting with the program channels and guide.  After a cold start it starts up with TV audio but no pictures and at this time the only remote button that works is the the input selection.  You eventually get to see pictures after the unit auto reboots which appears to happen shortly after the remote stops functioning.  The TV works normally once you have a picture on your chosen TV channel or input source  until you start interacting with the remote control again.  I  tried to perform an initial setup but it rebooted part way through.

I have just performed a factory reset and it appears to have completed the setup this time.  Fingers crossed it will be stable again.  The good news is that it appears to have solved the boot up problem with sound but no pictures and I have yet to get it to become unresponsive and reboot.

If my problems persist I want to downgrade the TV is this possible?  Sadly I don't know what the previous version was but it never rebooted or powered without audio previously.

Any advice appreciated I cannot believe I am the only person affected. 

I think I will be disabling auto updates from now on as  if I had not seen the update taking place I would have though the TV had failed.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Walt1969  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sadly you're not the only member who has had some glitches with the V8 update.

Unfortunately it's not possible to roll back to the previous OS version once it has

been updated.

If you have any further problems after the reset then I would contact Support.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Walt1969
New

All appears to be working normally now thank goodness.