Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD-49X7000 Android TV - ADVICE dont buy a SONY TV

naimad007
New

Bravia KD-49X7000 Android TV - ADVICE dont buy a SONY TV

The Sony Bravia KD-49X7000D  (Android TV) has persistent hardware and software issues, and quite frankly is the most unreliable TV I have owned. Less than 5 months old, the ownership experience is terrible, and I feel like I have spent more time trying to resolve issues, and  no offence to this community site, am sick of having to rely on community support which almost 100% of the time does not solve the issue. But nor should it have to - at what point did Sony pass on the support function to those who paid good money for their products? Why is Sony not addressing issues with their products? Do Sony represent that should anything go wrong with the product you purchased in good faith, you will have to rely on other users?

The list so far:

- cant power on the TV!  Only solution (NB this IS NOT an acceptable solution) thus far is unplugging and plugging in the power cable and using the power button at back of TV to power on. Usually have to do this 5 - 6 times before it resets and problem returns within days. Seems to be a known issue, but not one that Sony cares to address

- Black screen with darker black banner across top of screen: This randomly happens when watching the TV, once it starts the only way to continue watching whatever media you were, you have to click Back/Return and then restart the media you were watching. unfortunately once this starts it then goes back to Black screen with increasing frequency. A solution (again NOT an acceptable solution) is Factory reset which means you lose ALL the customisation, apps, logins/passwords, etc.  you have stored...permanent solution...NO.... I have seen this issue raised as far back as 2010 with Sony TV's....9 years later still unresolved by Sony...simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Anyway, rant over...Sony Bravia TV is not fit for purpose, but as no regulatory authority cares to do anything about it the only choice we have is to not buy their products

0 REPLIES 0