Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-43WF663 HDMI inputs not switching

profile.country.GB.title
kgharr
Explorer

Bravia KDL-43WF663 HDMI inputs not switching

I have a Sky box connected to the HDMI  1 ARC input and occasionally a Laptop connected to the HDMI 2 Input.

With the laptop switched off the tv auto finds the Sky box which is fine. If I then power up the laptop and use the remote to select HDMI 2 I see the laptop output. If I then select HDMI 1 on the remote I still get the laptop output on HMDI 1. I have tried having both sources switched on before swithcing on the TV. The only way to see the SKY box is the switch off the TV and switch it back on, select HDMI 1 the Sky output is available. I then find I have the Sky box input on both HDMI inputs while the laptop was on so not able to see the laptop output. I have changed leads, swopped the inputs with the same results  Changed input settings to Auto.

Any help appreciated

Ken

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Ken,

Note that your TV runs on a Linux operating system so it is not an Android TV. You could have better posted your question on the Other TV's board. This helps other non-Android TV users find solutions to their questions much easier. But since you already have posted your question here, let us see into the matter.

I have a feeling there is something about the devices you are connecting that is interfering with the HDMI logic board on your TV. Try the following and report back your findings please.

• Is the HDMI lead from your laptop to the TV by any chance a DVI-to-HDMI lead or the laptop has its HDMI output port?
  • Try connecting a different HDMI AV device to the TV (besides your Skybox) replacing the laptop to verify if the problem also occurs then.
  • Try also replacing the Skybox with an alternative HDMI AV device (besides your laptop) to rule out the Skybox from being the culprit here.
  • Verify if the HDMI Signal Format option under AV Setup from the Settings menu is set to Standard and not Enhanced mode.
  • Do both devices show up in the HDMI list when the AV Preset option under AV Setup from the Settings menu is set to Auto? You might want to keep this option set to Always.
  • Could you also post the current firmware revision of your TV for us in your response?

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
kgharr
Explorer

Hi Dutchice,

Sorry I posted on the wrong board.

The laptop has a HDMI outout.

I have connected a NUC into HDMI 2 with the same results.

I have replaced the sky box with the laptop on HDMI 1 with the NUC on HDMI 2 with the same results.

HDMI signal is set to standard

Both devices show in HDMI list as always

software V8.414-1000-1.410-0002 Im not sure how to find the firmware version if this is not what you need.

What I have noticed is if the tv switches on with HDMI 1 selected then I can make one change to see the source connected to  HDMI 2 If I go back then to HDMI 1 I see the HDMI 2 source. The reverse happens if the TV starts with HDMI 2 as the source I can see this correct source,  I can then select HDMI 1 and see that source if I then go back to HDMI 2 I see the HDMI 1 source.

Regards

Ken

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

One more quick question Ken, could you turn off HDMI CEC Control from the TV menu and retry your tests?

profile.country.GB.title
kgharr
Explorer

Hi Dutchice,

I have turned off the HDMI control. It did not make any difference.

I have used the setup I have now on an earlier Sony Bravia which worked fine. I only changed to this model as the one I had failed after 2 years.

Regards

Ken

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @kgharr,

Sony support will get in contact with you via email.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Wrighty694
Explorer

Hi I'm seeing the same issue with mine (same TV model). If I try to switch directly from HDMI1 (sky TV box) to HDMI2 (Android box) it does so but if I go from 2 to 1 it continues to show the HDMI2 output even though the TV info bar says HDMI1 and I have to reboot the tv- my workaround for the moment is to switch to analogue between hdmi changes (i.e. HDMI1 to analogue, wait then analogue to HDMI2 or vice versa) but that's obviously not how it should be and only works intermittently.

Firmware has just been updated to 6.484 (?) - TV was store-bought 28th Dec. Hdmi set to standard seems worse than enhance. 

Some help would be appreciated, £400's a bit much to have to work around such a fundamental problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Pauldcr
New

Hello

was there a solution from sony on that issue as I seem to have exactly the same issue.

look forward to hearing from.

paul

profile.country.GB.title
Wrighty694
Explorer

Hi, 

No I ended up buying a 3 into 1 hdmi switch, so all devices are connected to hdmi2 through the switch and they auto-select through the switch as you turn the required device on. Hdmi1 has a sound bar in it.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

The TV was probably trying to negotiate ARC with the Sky Q box, which would not (or should not) know what the hell the TV was on about, and fail the ARC gracefully. Perhaps it doesn’t; is the Sky Q box a common factor in all these reports?

HDMI 1 should be much happier with a soundbar, something it can agree on ARC with.

Roll on eARC, which might finally provide something proper, the absence of which has plagued us ever since we gave up SCART cables, which might only have been analogue, but which knew a thing or two about being properly two-way.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…