Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia X93C Constant Reboot - Not getting past Android Logo

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
turnerkid
Explorer

Bravia X93C Constant Reboot - Not getting past Android Logo

Came home tonight to hear from the family that our beloved KD-55X9305C is stuck on restarting - and won't even get past the Android TV logo on start up. It flickers on, animates a little bit, then the TV turns off again, and it keeps looping like that.

I do not know if a firmware update was too blame or hardware fault.

I've tried the Factory Reset (https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/76112) and got the green LED, but then nothing happens after that - just turns off again, and goes to white.

Any ideas?!  :sweat:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Slkmaniac
Explorer

No. The way it worked was they sent out a guy from a local TV repair company (their agent) to take my TV away and investigate the problem (it was actually pretty obvious but still). Then he had to tell John Lewis what the repair cost would be and they decide if the repair is economical or not. He now has that approval so has ordered a new motherboard from Sony and expects to have the part by the middle of next week (apparently Sony are not very quick) and the TV back to be within a day of that.

I'm quite happy with that arrangement as the new model doesn't do anything mine doesn't do anyway, so as long as I end up with a working TV I'll be happy. However, I think I'll just be waiting for the same thing to happen again as I really haven't got much confidence that it's going to make it to the end of the warranty without further issues.

Mark

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi turnerkid,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Support here for advice.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Slkmaniac
Explorer

I just had the exact same problem with my 2 year old KD55x8509. A man from John Lewis took it away on Monday and they told me today that it needs a new motherboard. Hopefully it'll be OK when I get it back but I think I'll take his advice and get a Panasonic next time.

profile.country.GB.title
turnerkid
Explorer

Thanks!

I got mine from John Lewis too.

Did John Lewis offer to replace it instead of taking it away to get fixed? Wondering how long the repair would take 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Slkmaniac
Explorer

No. The way it worked was they sent out a guy from a local TV repair company (their agent) to take my TV away and investigate the problem (it was actually pretty obvious but still). Then he had to tell John Lewis what the repair cost would be and they decide if the repair is economical or not. He now has that approval so has ordered a new motherboard from Sony and expects to have the part by the middle of next week (apparently Sony are not very quick) and the TV back to be within a day of that.

I'm quite happy with that arrangement as the new model doesn't do anything mine doesn't do anyway, so as long as I end up with a working TV I'll be happy. However, I think I'll just be waiting for the same thing to happen again as I really haven't got much confidence that it's going to make it to the end of the warranty without further issues.

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
turnerkid
Explorer

Thanks mate - appreciate you taking the time out for that reply.

I'll ping John Lewis now since Sony Support haven't contacted me yet.

profile.country.GB.title
Slkmaniac
Explorer

Yes you should - John Lewis have been very helpful at all times.

profile.country.GB.title
turnerkid
Explorer

Just spoke to John Lewis - so helpful! Amazing service. One of their subcontracted team coming out this Saturday morning to have a look, and if can't fix will take it away. JL guy also asked if I'd like a loan TV in the meantime.  How good is that for customer service!