Join now - be part of our community!

Compatible Headphones

profile.country.GB.title
CatoandSid
New

Compatible Headphones

I have just purchased a KD65XH8096 television and have discovered that the Bluetooth profile does not support A2DP so I cannot use a wireless headset. I am looking for a compatible wired headset option.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@CatoandSid 

The only way that a wired headset wouldn’t be compatible is if it had other than a 3.5mm jack plug on the TV end, and even then you could use an adapter, which would probably come with the headphones anyway.

So you are then back to the full panoply of choices of over-ear, on-ear, in-ear, open-back, closed-back, noise cancelling, passive, that all headphone choosers have to face before they can even get down to the merits of this make or that make, this model or that model.

And don’t even assume that because you can’t use Bluetooth, you can’t use wireless; there are other wireless technologies out there.

In face, don’t even assume you can’t use Bluetooth; there are adapters that convert, say, optical out to Bluetooth, and with A2DP to boot.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
CatoandSid
New

Thank you Rowabrown2 - you have given me an option I had not previously been aware of and am now looking at a MEE Audio AFT-1 Connect Bluetooth transmitter