Join now - be part of our community!

Contacting Sony directly

profile.country.GB.title
Nicegran
New

Contacting Sony directly

Recently purchased a new Sony TV, was informed in store that if I register the TV I will get 5 years free warranty. I Registered the next day but have nothing to prove I have the 5 years warranty. Tried to look at the warranty but it does not like the serial number I put in, yet it accepted it when I registered the TV. Anyone know how to get directly in touch with Sony? The webpage/My Sony is useless and keeps you going round in circles!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

What model of Sony TV the model number will start with either KD or XR,

normally Sony only offers a one year guarantee ( there are occasional 5 year warranties offered).

Where did you buy this TV and were shown any hard evidence that it qualifies for a Sony 5 year warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
Nicegran
New

Thank you for responding.
It’s a K77XR80 OLED
Purchased from Curry’s at Birstall, the Sony rep there told me it would have a 5 year warranty if I registered it
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes so it advertised on Curry's website as eligible for a 5 year warranty.

Is this the Sony website you registered the TV for the 5 year warranty.

https://www.sony.co.uk/promo/5yearwarranty/eligibility-check

There is a "contact us" at the bottom of the page have you tried that. 

If you find yourself going round in circles on webpages its it feasible to go back to Curry's and seek out your Sony rep and see if he is able to register it for you.

profile.country.GB.title
Nicegran
New

I think I registered it on the Sony web page where you can register your product.
The reply email confirming registration- sonyeurope@etmail.sony.com
I’ll take a look at the link you have given me, thank you
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes sounds like you just registered it rather than claimed for the 5 year warranty.

Could have bought the same TV for the same price at John Lewis and got an automatic 5 year guarantee

without all this having to claim for it through Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Nicegran
New

Think so!
We didn’t go into buy a TV, only a printer🤦🏻‍♀️ !
But thank you for your help