Join now - be part of our community!

Does Mobdro work on smart TV?

profile.country.GB.title
Augustus11
New

Does Mobdro work on smart TV?

Does Mobdro work on smart TVs? I have just owned a Sony smart TV but have not yet installed an online TV viewing application. Recently I just learned about Mobdro. I have questions. Does Mobdro work on smart TVs? I just owned a Sony smart TV but haven't installed the online TV watching app. I recently learned about Mobdro. I have a question. Great. I have downloaded the mobdro app for Android at https://mobdrovip.com/mobdro-for-android/

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Vapeland

I believe the answer to be no. As fast as I’m aware the only applications you can install are those in the google play store and even then there’s restrictions 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

You can try side loading it onto the TV - how well it works depends on whether the developers have included the leanback launcher for Android TVs. There are guides on side loading apps and using them if not native Android TV compatible via Google. 

I assume you'll also need / want a VPN.  

Easiest option though is to chromecast to the TV from the modbro app on your phone. 

profile.country.GB.title
Linda72891
New

Mobdro works on all Android devices. You can download it from many reputable and reliable sites.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Augustus11 

Not all smart TVs are created equal - we need to know the model number of your set.

Sony Android TVs are discussed here, but Sony also make several ranges of non-Android sets, which are discussed in the TV and  Home Cinema/Other TVs section of the Community.

And even within these large divisions, the details change from set to set, especially for different model years.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…