Join now - be part of our community!

Earc sound dropouts KD55A8

profile.country.IE.title
Misty777
Explorer

Earc sound dropouts KD55A8

• Bought this set a few days ago. Connected to soundbar via earc. Sound would dropout on Netflix and had to turn off tv to get it working again. If any of you have this issue, I think I have a fix. In audio settings passthrough was set to off, I changed it to auto and it seems to be OK but I will keep an eye on it.
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Bobcat2112
New

I know it doesn’t help but I’m also having this (and other sound issues) with my 65A85. I have it linked up to a Sonos Arc and haven’t yet managed to get it working every time without an issue. I get constant audio drop outs and it randomly goes to a black screen with ‘Bravia’ written in the bottom right corner. I’ve had the TV about 5 weeks and am seriously considering returning it. When it works it’s great but there’s a lot of issues to my mind

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

I had terrible trouble just like yours when I connected my 55AG9 to my new Samsung QR90 sound system. I found that my connectivity config of devices to the TV was the problem. Now, my Blu-ray player is connected to an HDMI input of the soundbar and the soundbar and the TV are connected via eARC. All other devices are connected directly  to the TV’s various HDMI inputs. The system now works ok except for some momentary (fraction of a second) sound dropouts. I put that down to the world of crappy firmware that we now live in.

profile.country.IE.title
Misty777
Explorer

Since I changed the earc passthrough from off to auto on the tv, the dropouts appear to have stopped. I think it also helps that I'm using the Sony ht-zf9 soundbar with the tv as the hdmi handshake goes a lot smoother.