Join now - be part of our community!

Hdmi port 1 vs 2/3

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Hdmi port 1 vs 2/3

I have a KD 55 AG8. I’m trying to understand if I need to keep changing hdmi ports. In UK, I have my Virgin V6 set top box connected to hdmi port 1. There is very little 4K content on Virgin, but they do show European football which BT screen in Ultra HD. So should I change ports to 2/3 with enhanced settings turned on to watch the game, and then go back to port 1 for all normal hd programmes? Or can I just leave it connected to ports 2/3 with enhanced setting left on or would that affect all the other programs I watch? 
I wish it was made clearer in the instructions......

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Ireallyhateusernames,

you only need port 2/3 for 4K 50/60fps content (video game consoles/computers). TV is broadcasted in 25/30fps. So you can leave it connected to the port.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Thanks very much for the reply Nic.

You don’t happen to know if streaming on Amazon Prime is also on 25/30 FPS, or is that higher? I’ve been told this tv is amazing when streaming, but I am not a “streamer” as yet, just the old school cable box. So was thinking of trying it out for the football.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@Ireallyhateusernames  schrieb:

You don’t happen to know if streaming on Amazon Prime is also on 25/30 FPS, or is that higher?

if you would use Netflix and Amazon Prime, you would use the internal apps anyways, wouldn't you? In this case the HDMI "limitations" wouldn't apply :wink:

@Ireallyhateusernames  schrieb:

but I am not a “streamer” as yet, just the old school cable box.

Funny that you mention it - I am a "streamer" since four or five years now. Haven't watched any "linear television" in that time unless I am visiting my parents.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Around 90% of what I watch is sport or music, with the very rare film thrown in. Apart from the odd film, absolutely nothing with actors in, so no box sets/dramas etc. And it seems to me most of the streaming stuff is dramas etc. so not gone there yet. But as sport takes off it’s becoming apparent I need to be ready for the merry go round.

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

I’ve just signed up to Amazon prime & quickly looked at a football clip, but it’s not that clear? It was really blurry at first and then got a bit better, but not even up to hd standard. Does it take time or do settings need changing? It all seems so complicated to the uninitiated.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

amazon changes the resolution dynamically, depending on the buffer status and the internet speed. Which connection speed does your online plan have?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

I have Virgin Fibre 30mb

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

that should be sufficient for HD and even for 4K.

- Nic