Join now - be part of our community!

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TonyKD49X8309C
Explorer

how do you use ITV Hub without youview

I can use demand 5 and bbc iplayer but cannot use ITV hub or demand 4 as it wants to install youview - i don't like youview and if i install it i cannot use the record to usb function. Does anyone know how to use itv hub without the rubbish youview????

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi Vince

According to YouView, the missing entries on the EPG occur because the overlying YouView software has to rely on the underlying Sony software for certain services to do with the presentation of these results, and there is a bug in this that it is only in Sony’s gift to solve, despite it manifesting itself in the YouView EPG.

YouView have been waiting (im?)patiently for a long time for Sony to fix this.

If you Factory Reset your TV, the YouView EPG should work fully again, until the Sony bug kicks in again. And this may be anything from seconds to weeks away; it will be the luck of the draw if your subsequent YouView activity awakes the sleeping dragon sooner, or later.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

Hi Roy, So that’s the reason. It’s a shame Sony aren’t reading these posts and fixing this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
The_real_JC
Explorer

New to the Android XG81 TV. 

ITV hub and All4 players are tied to the Youview function - disable it and loose these players but gain USB HDD recording via Freeview software. Not quite what I was expecting for a Youview TV with USB recording, but ha-ho I have a Youview box so not end of the world! 

From googling, Youview blame Sony and Sony blame Youview. Basically I've Freeview/Droid TV with an alternative launcher/guide app.

Is it me or does enabling Youview slightly degraded the image clarity via DVB?

Another oddity, enable YOuview and ask Google assistant to change to channel 63 and I get a YouTube video detailing how to change channel on a TV with a remote control!i Disable it, issue the same request and the TV turns to channel 63. Really?  Can't find a fix for this either. Any suggestions?