Join now - be part of our community!

Internet connection issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Internet connection issues

I have a KD-49XG8096. Tried to watch Amazon prime last night, but it kept telling me the wireless was not connected, when it obviously was. Did a connection check, it said all ok, but Amazon prime, YouTube refuse to connect. I told the tv to forget  the wireless network, and tried to setup again, but it won't display a keyboard, tries to use voice recognition.......  Tried everything, a forced reboot, pulled power for 10mins. Still nothing.... Gave up with wi-fi, and plugged in an Ethernet cable, still the same. Says connected, and connection check fine, but still only Netflix works.... Get Ethernet is not connected messages.  Can't get my head around this at all.... Rebooted the router still the same. This appeared to happen after a power cut Friday. Also noticed time says 03.00 

I'm at my wit's end, and before I do a factory reset, can anyone offer advice on the connection issues and mysterious keyboard disappearance....

It's running Oreo, it auto updated a little while ago..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Fixed it.. Should search more before posting😓😓

Reset time to network time, all apps now working fine.........

Not sure why, but the keyboard was inactive, found keyboard in the settings menu. Enabled and disabled Japanese keyboard, and it returned.  Very odd....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Fixed it.. Should search more before posting😓😓

Reset time to network time, all apps now working fine.........

Not sure why, but the keyboard was inactive, found keyboard in the settings menu. Enabled and disabled Japanese keyboard, and it returned.  Very odd....

profile.country.GB.title
Mick112
New

Exactly the same happened to us.  Your solution was most helpful!  Thanks.  Why does the network time just drop out?

profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Not sure to be honest. It was trying to use broadcast time which I assume means it gets the time signal from the TV broadcast. Mine has never had an ariel in, and never been tuned to digital TV as I have sky q and a bluray player. Not sure why it suddenly did this, after months of no issues, maybe the power cut Friday stuffed something up..... Setting to network time gets it time from the net. No idea why this affects all the apps except netflix🤔🤔🤔