Join now - be part of our community!

Kd 43XE8005 Internal Storage Low

profile.country.GB.title
Thorfin00
Explorer

Kd 43XE8005 Internal Storage Low

I am currently unable to install new apps from the play store due to lack of memory. Checking apps shows only 500mb left with the TV Storage app holding 6gb of data with an empty cache

What is the TV Storage app? What does it do? Why is it 6gb in size? Can I safely clear data?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have more or less 8GB free when you setup the TV for the first time: which app did you install that take all the space? Asphalt?

profile.country.GB.title
Thorfin00
Explorer

There is an system app called TV Storage that is what is taking up all the space.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not have access to my own tv but that should be the internal app that manage the system space (the missing 8GB to the 16GB your tv have). You should have something else that takes the space. Otherwise your only option is to reset to factory

profile.country.GB.title
Thorfin00
Explorer

Well, I just selected clear data on that app and it's now 12.5mb in size and the TV is operating normally. I still would like to know what the TV Storage system app is supposed to do and why 6gb out of the 8gb allowed for apps was being taken up by it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thorfin00
Explorer

Is there no one from Sony who can actually answer my questions? Does Sony not offer support? Is there anyway I can get an answer from someone who actually works for Sony and understands?