Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XF8796

profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

KD-43XF8796

I have a subscription to Apple TV+, how do I watch it on this TV KD-43XF8796. Does the TV have Airplay 2 built-in or is there another way, the Android OS doesn't seem to have a Apple TV+ app.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Your TV is not equipped with either option. Maybe an external Apple TV device would be a solution.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, that is not what I wanted to hear to be honest. The Subscription to Apple TV is free for a year, paying for the Apple TV box negates the free subscription as it costs £180 to £200 so I won't be doing that. Coupled with the fact that the TV doesn't have Airplay 2, I assume Sony won't be bothering with a firmware upgrade to include it anytime soon...or ever. Apple do not make it easy to do anything so I will be dumping Apple products next time round they have wound me up enough now, can't connect to anything non-Apple without issues. I can't be bothered trying to watch anything seriously on an iPhone. Won't be renewing when the year subs ends. All very annoying really. Thanks for the reply though. Sorry for the rant.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Maz747 

The device doesn’t have to be the Apple box - it could be as cheap as a Roku or Amazon Fire stick..

https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-tv-app/devices/

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Maz747

Hi royabrown2

Thank you, yes unfortunately we have two Firesticks already for different TV's in the house but they are not recent enough models to have the Apple TV app, I tried updating them to no avail, I am thwarted at every turn, with all the subs and sticks we already have buying a Roku is not an option either. We are also with Virgin Media who have both Netflix and Prime apps on their V6 boxes but not the Apple app, typical! I was just hoping to catch some of Apples' offerings to compare it to Netflix and Prime video, I can't justify spending anymore money on TV but thank you for the help anyway. All ideas are gratefully received.