Join now - be part of our community!

KD 43XG8196 - standby vs turning off at mains?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bingefeller
Explorer

KD 43XG8196 - standby vs turning off at mains?

Hi folks, 

We just got the KD 43XG8196 and, so far we are very pleased with it.

Just wondering, what is the best practice for Android TVs - leave on standby overnight or turning off at the mains?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I own an OLED KD55A1 so I cannot chose really, since OLED display needs to refresh the panel overnight in order to prevent retension and burn in.

Anyway there were big discussion about it and my personal opinion on the topic is that cutting the power on and off to the transformer is more dangerous (especially if done with unreliable switch) than leaving it under tension for ever.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Modern tv are designed to be in standby, than it's up to you 

profile.country.GB.title
bingefeller
Explorer

Would you leave your set in standby overnight, rooobb?  

I'm a little worried about the transformer getting too hot overnight if there was a fault in it.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I own an OLED KD55A1 so I cannot chose really, since OLED display needs to refresh the panel overnight in order to prevent retension and burn in.

Anyway there were big discussion about it and my personal opinion on the topic is that cutting the power on and off to the transformer is more dangerous (especially if done with unreliable switch) than leaving it under tension for ever.

profile.country.GB.title
bingefeller
Explorer

Good points!    

I will leave it on standby and try to find that discussion you mentioned.  I would be interested to read it.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I could not find it myself and probably it was on an italian forum anyway...