Join now - be part of our community!

[KD-49XD7005] Multiple Google accounts on same TV?

vkosalec
Explorer

[KD-49XD7005] Multiple Google accounts on same TV?

Can I configure multiple google accounts?

And then easily switch between them?

Software version is

PKG6.0514.0001EUA

Android 6.0.1

BRAVIA_ATV2_EU-user 6.0.1 MMB29V.S39 1.6.0.06.14.1.00 release-keys

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Android 6 (Marshmallow) and Android 5 (Lollipop) does not support multiple accounts.  So you would need to log out of one account and log in again under a different account.

I believe Android 7 (Nougat) does support this, see HERE - However Sony have not stated any future Android updates as of yet - hence we do not know if they will move to the new Nougat release.  If they do, it will likely take some time, as 2015 and early 2016 Android TVs are still awaiting the Marshmallow update.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

I have two google accounts signed in on my TV, altough I can't remember how I ended up with the 2nd accountsigned in, I think I side loaded google maps or gmail, or it migh even have been sideloading pokemon for fun the option opened.  I also have a wireless mouse and keyboard attached so maybe clicked some option thats not available using the normal remote.

vkosalec
Explorer

can you swap between accounts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Baring in mind im still on Android 5.1 - In the settings there is an "Add Account" option.  However everytime I have tried to add a second account, it rejects it as either email address ID or password is incorrect.

I dont see why Google allow this option, if one cannot use it.  I assume its so you can log out of one account, then re-add another account.  If so, this "Add Account" option should be greyed out once you have already signed into an account.

Anyway, Im not sure on how Kevin8098 has managed dual accounts - however I dont think he knows either :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

If you side load the google gmail app on the tv this allows you to add multiple google accounts on the same TV.

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Kevin8098 wrote:

If you side load the google gmail app on the tv this allows you to add multiple google accounts on the same TV.

I have the XD8505 running Android TV 6.01, and it doesn't work on my TV. When try to add google accounts in the Gmail app, no accounts are added. 

profile.country.GB.title
nicoleahmed
New

Just to confirm in 2019 sideloading Gmail does indeed add another google account which can be switched to on the youtube app.

I sideloaded the Gmail apk through esexplorer. Then using a mouse and keyboard I signed in with two further google accounts on the gmail by selecting "other account".

When I signed out of youtube app and went to sign back in, all three accounts were available to choose from!