Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49xf9005 atmos pass through

Marsoupial
Explorer

KD-49xf9005 atmos pass through

Hi does anyone know if my tv can pass through atmos content. I can get my Sonos arc to play atmos via the TVs Netflix app but cannot get it to work playing a blue ray dvd via my PlayStation. Or via a memory stick usb! Any help would be greatly appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

Does your TV support eARC or just basic ARC? I am told that basic ARC won’t support  Dolby Atmos, except in the case of Netflix. Netflix uses a reduced form of Dolby Atmos that works ok over basic ARC.

or the problem could be your connectivity config. I had some problems with my new 55AG9 TV, new Blu-ray player and my new Samsung Q90R soundbar. Now, I have the HDMI output from the Blu-ray player going into the  soundbar and the HDMI-ARC output of the soundbar into the TV’s HDMI/eARC port. The eARC passes the picture through to the TV but I had to increase the sync delay on the soundbar.

All other devices are connected directly into the TV, which of course passes the sound to the soundbar. When I’m watching a Dolby Atmos Blu-ray, the soundbar display says “Dolby Atmos”. But when I watch supposed Dolby Atmos content on Netflix, the soundbar display says “eARC”, presumably because it doesn’t recognise Netflix sound as real Dolby Atmos. But it sounds good.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

no eARC on XF series so no passthrough from external sources.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@merseyswine 

When I’m watching a Dolby Atmos Blu-ray, the soundbar display says “Dolby Atmos”. But when I watch supposed Dolby Atmos content on Netflix, the soundbar display says “eARC”, presumably because it doesn’t recognise Netflix sound as real Dolby Atmos.”

Or possibly because one is direct into the soundbar, and the other isn’t.

Does your new BluRay player have Netflix?

If so, try the Atmos content from there and see what the soundbar says,

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…