Join now - be part of our community!

KD 55XD8005 No text input option

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grandad.P
New

KD 55XD8005 No text input option

My TV has been working fine up until recently when it lost wifi  contact with the broadband router. I have tried always to re-connect including using a cable direct from the router to the TV. There seems to be 2 issues. The first when using the WPS method is that the TV keeps telling me there is another WPS session and to retry. The second when trying to set up manually is that the option to input the password doesn't work as I can only input numbers but no letters! The router works fine with all the other devices in the house. Can anybody help please? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you have oreo check if any usb device is connected to the tv and remove it.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad.P
New

Thanks rooobb, that has worked a treat! My keyboard usb dongle was plugged in (keyboard was unresponsive). I removed it and straightaway the keyboard option became re-available on screen and so I was able to re-set my Wifi which then enabled the TV to update its software!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated your KD 55XD8005 to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad.P
New

No because the WiFi on the TV isn't working and I haven't been able to reset it because there is no text input option.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you have oreo check if any usb device is connected to the tv and remove it.

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad.P
New

Thanks rooobb, that has worked a treat! My keyboard usb dongle was plugged in (keyboard was unresponsive). I removed it and straightaway the keyboard option became re-available on screen and so I was able to re-set my Wifi which then enabled the TV to update its software!

profile.country.GB.title
AlanK33
Explorer

I don't have any usb devices attached but the keyboard doesn't appear on the screen 

profile.country.GB.title
AlanK33
Explorer

I solved the problem by adding an external pc keyboard to the USB port on the TV.