Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65A1 Program list channel sorting is grayed out

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
Nahkatukka
Explorer

KD-65A1 Program list channel sorting is grayed out

Hi all.

I have this tv and I wonder if there is solution for my problem.

When I go Home->Settings->Channel setup->Digital setup->Digital tuning-> Here is option "Programme list edit" which is grayed out so I can't sort channels. Channels are from cable and in Helsinki Finland if that has something to do with that. 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FI.title
Nahkatukka
Explorer

Ok. Seems that this is country specific problem.

Workaround for this is to change country from Finland for example to Denmark and voila' you can sort your channels.

I tested like this.

Language-> Finland -> Country -> Finland-> Channel sorting forbidden.

Language-> England -> Country -> Finland-> Channel sorting forbidden.

Language-> Finland ->  Country -> Great Britain-> Channel sorting allowed but cahnnels are in funny order.

Best result I got with

Language-> Finland -> Country -> Danmark-> Channel sorting allowed and now I can sort channels. 

As a matter of fact the language doesn't matter at all for that forbidden channel sorting. All that matter is country that you select at the beginning of setup of the tv.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Nahkatukka,

Are you based in the UK or in Finland?

Thanks,
Pascale_F

profile.country.FI.title
Nahkatukka
Explorer

Hi.

I'm in Finland like I wrote 😀

profile.country.FI.title
Nahkatukka
Explorer

Ok. Seems that this is country specific problem.

Workaround for this is to change country from Finland for example to Denmark and voila' you can sort your channels.

I tested like this.

Language-> Finland -> Country -> Finland-> Channel sorting forbidden.

Language-> England -> Country -> Finland-> Channel sorting forbidden.

Language-> Finland ->  Country -> Great Britain-> Channel sorting allowed but cahnnels are in funny order.

Best result I got with

Language-> Finland -> Country -> Danmark-> Channel sorting allowed and now I can sort channels. 

As a matter of fact the language doesn't matter at all for that forbidden channel sorting. All that matter is country that you select at the beginning of setup of the tv.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

I had this problem with my Bravia 55X and I realised that the satellite sorting was greyed out because I had a programme scheduled in the "timer recording list" . I deleted that and bingo! The option to sort the Satellite channels was restored!

finsony200
Explorer

I have a KD-55XF7596 and also my Progran list sorting in grayed. I'am also from Finland.

I try to change my Country settings to Denmark, but can't find where to change it. Could someone help me?

Language I can change but not the country.

profile.country.GB.title
Tech-fan
New

Very helpful!  Thank you for posting this advice.  

After installing the Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ update (July 2019) I discovered the order of the satellite channels I had previously arranged to my preference using Sony's Channel Editor was gone.  

My Sony AF8 oled TV was set up to record a series, and so when I went to upload my edited channel list the channel sorting option was greyed out.  Once I removed the scheduling details from the timer, I was able to upload my channel list and get my favourite channels in order.  

This is a very frustrating issue.  How hard would it be to have a message below the satellite channel-sorting option to explain, such as - "This option is not available when programmes are scheduled on timer recording list"?