Join now - be part of our community!

KD49xD8077 broke after two years

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

KD49xD8077 broke after two years

my Android tv witch cost £780 only lasted three years .is that how long thay last .having to replace a tv at this time of year is not good .iv still got two years to pay it off .dont think ill buy any more sony products again witch is a shame as it was a great TV .it was the KD49xD8077 .after year one it got replaced as it had one dead pixel .so its only two years old .so £780 tv last two .thanks for nothing iv been a fan of sony for ever

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
spannerzone

You have UK consumer protection on your side and 'section 75' if purchased on credit. Don't give up, there are some things you can do even if it's out of warranty. MSE forums are helpful.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It can happen to any electronic device. That is why there are extended warranty that can be bought

profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

for the money i expected some to last longer than 2 yeas .especially from sony

profile.country.GB.title
Rory101
Explorer

I wouldn't dream of buying a TV from somewhere that didn't offer a 5yr guarantee - John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Costco etc.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should last more than 2 years but any product is subject to fault

profile.country.GB.title
spannerzone

You have UK consumer protection on your side and 'section 75' if purchased on credit. Don't give up, there are some things you can do even if it's out of warranty. MSE forums are helpful.