Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XG9005 viewing angle

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Andy.don
Explorer

KD49XG9005 viewing angle

Hi, I've been looking at the KD49XG9005 which seems to have great reviews but I have a problem in that we watch from 2 settees, each would be viewing about 20 degrees off from centre, and the reviews mention poor viewing angles. I've looked at the set in Curry's and the change from centre didn't seem too bad but....it was on a high shelf so I can't be sure if it was at its best to start with. Any advice would be appreciated. (I can't increase size beyond this owing to walls, etc)

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Any VA panel review will give you the same warning. And color shifts and contrast fade with such panels at an angle.

If you want to minimize it you should go for an IPS panel (there are plenty in the lower TV range) or to solve it completely you should wait for the 48" OLED model to enter the market later this year.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Any VA panel review will give you the same warning. And color shifts and contrast fade with such panels at an angle.

If you want to minimize it you should go for an IPS panel (there are plenty in the lower TV range) or to solve it completely you should wait for the 48" OLED model to enter the market later this year.

profile.country.GB.title
Andy.don
Explorer

Thanks for that. Didn't realise they were going to produce that size oled- I'll hang on.