Join now - be part of our community!

KD55S8505C Video App Issue

AdKeyz
Explorer

KD55S8505C Video App Issue

Hi,

The Video app on my Sony TV (KD55S8505C) always stretches the image to fullscreen and there seems to be no way of changing this.

Pressing the action menu reveals an option for either "Expand" or "Fit to screen" but neither of these options change anything.

Playing the video with any other app, VLC or MX Player for example, the video will play correctly, however this is not an acceptable solution as you cannot enable 3D Mode with these apps (which is just plain rediculous) so to watch a 3D file I am forced to use Sony's own Video app and suffer the stretching which makes everything look awful and out of proportion.

Is there any fix for this or is it a known issue that will be resolved in a softaware update?

Thanks,

Adam.

Tags (4)
72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The issue is not solved. Previously, 2.40:1 video got stretched to 16:9. In 3.843 and 3.865, 2.40:1 still gets stretched to 2.35:1, still being wrong...

Also see my bug report.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi @Garymjh and @Oniiz86

Can you confirm (or deny) if this issue has been resolved under the new firmware 3.845?

Cheers

Hi Quinnicus. As the bug report above says, not resolved. It seems Sony have ignored all reports of the known issues on the update and have simply made it easier for people to install.  

profile.country.GB.title
DecimusMxms

Has this issue been resolved? This is still happening with my XD8599. Even with the latest firmware.