Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W808c - Reboots several times before it is running

henkfromkullsta
Explorer

KDL-50W808c - Reboots several times before it is running

Hi!

Today, one week after I bought the TV, I started to get strange problems.

When I started the TV today, it started in "Home-Mode" (I now it was in "TV-Mode" when I turned it of yesterday) I then switched to HDMI 2. After maybe one minute the problems started.

First the display became black and no buttons on the remote worked. Then I unplugged

the TV power cable and then plugged it in again. After that, the TV tried to reboot several of times (First the Sony logo appeared, then some start up animation, then it started again with Sony logo followed by animation, and so on.......).

After maybe ten minutes of rebooting i removed the power cable for a couple of minutes, but the result was the same. It tried to reboot itself.

Then I tried to do a factory reset, according to (https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91916/~/how-to-perform-a-factor... After that and several reboot trails (performed by it self) it finally started up. 

But it did not work satisfactory, I was not able to switch from the "Home - mode" to for example "TV - mode".

I then tried to do a factory reset according to http://www.sony.se/support/sv/product/faq/KDL-50W808C

After that it started up again, but as soon as I try to leave the "Home - mode" it restarts. And when it tries to restart it takes several attempts for the finally manage to restart.

Almost every time when it succeeds to restart it shows a message something similar to this:"Android starts Optimizing Applications 1-196" (Free translated from Swedish) as its final step before starting up in "Home-Mode"

I do not now what the next step should be for me to try?

The past week it has been working great and I love the TV, so I hope there is some way to solve this.

Regards

Henrik

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not familiar with the term 'TV Mode'  - Are you referring to the setup mode such as 'Home' or 'Retail/Shop" mode?  If so, the TV should be set to Home.

Also, you cannot switch between each without a factory reset.

Cheers