Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 49" 4K 2015 Model with Android is DESTROYING my USB devices

darthwilson
Explorer

Sony 49" 4K 2015 Model with Android is DESTROYING my USB devices

Hi folks.

I recently bought a spanking new 49" 4k Sony Bravia with the Android OS on it. I'm extremely happy with this baby but one thing I have just noticed after using a USB drive.

I have... or lets say "had" a working 64gb USB3 Kingston drive which I used to play some video files. After having the drive plugged in for maybe a week I removed it from the TV while in sleep mode and plugged it into my PC to paste some new videos in. . . and then...

My PC tells me that the USB drive needs formatting 😞 sad face... So when I go to format it then tells me that my USB is now set to "Read Only mode" so I cannot format it. I would consider myself to be a power PC user and I tried lots of formatting techniques from software to changing some Registery settings for read only, to classic DOS commands and then low level formatting. None which work sadly.

So now I am using an SD card & card reader for my videos and being very observant by pulling out the drive when it's not being used by the TV. Funny enough when I plug that into the PC it says "There are errors and needs repaired" dialogue. 

So with there being no safely remove option on the television I am wondering if there are other people with similar situations and just a warning to others about this major issue......

Thanks for reading.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sad to hear that you have had these issues, thus far i have not heard of others having major issues like you.  My advice is to always ensure the tv is switched off before plugging or unplugging of devices - including HDMI cables as well.

Cheers