Join now - be part of our community!

LAN does not work after update to PKG6.6555.0257EUA

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
thc1138
New

LAN does not work after update to PKG6.6555.0257EUA

Hi,

I have my 55XG8096 attched via lan cable and everything worked fine until I updated to Android 9. Now the LAN connection does not work any more. It says cable not connected and the switch shows no connection (led of switch port is off). Everything worked before the update hence it is NO cabling problem!!! I also changed the cable and the switch port hence it is not a problem of the cable or the switch.

How can I get the LAN connection working again ... I am currently using temporarily the Wifi connection but the signal is bad and hence I do not get the full bandwidth and I would prefer LAN connection for 4K streaming!

Please advise as the TV is quite new!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
thc1138
New

I found the the ethernet jack is not working correctly as there is no connection when the cable is tightly inserted until the plastic strap of the network plug is latching in ... When I slightly remove the plug just a bit the connection works ... no good quality of the jack!!! Will see if I have to return the TV 😞

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
thc1138
New

I found the the ethernet jack is not working correctly as there is no connection when the cable is tightly inserted until the plastic strap of the network plug is latching in ... When I slightly remove the plug just a bit the connection works ... no good quality of the jack!!! Will see if I have to return the TV 😞