Join now - be part of our community!

loading ES explorer onto new android tv

profile.country.GB.title
JIMMY-J1
Explorer

loading ES explorer onto new android tv

Has anyone encountered problems putting ES on Bravia Android. I load from playstore no problem .But when opening it goes into landscape view,and doesnt let me accept terms of use. Do I need a wireless keyboard or mouse. Although I cannot see anything to press at end of conditions

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi JIMMY-J1,

Welcome to the Sony Community. The best course of action would be to contact directly the makers of the ES File Explorer app and report your issue to them. They will then have the opportunity to fix the bug, since the problem is widespread on the latest revision of their app.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
roberts400
New

Hi I have the same problem when trying to install es file explorer, opens in landscape and unable to click on accept terms & conditions. 

Is there another way to install es file explorer on Sony Bravia tv 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @roberts400,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I would suggest you uninstall ES File Explorer since it is not functioning correctly and search for a different File Explorer app on Google Play Store. I believe x-plore has the same functionality. 

At the end of the day you should avoid installing and running apps that are buggy and don’t function correctly. It will save you lots of headaches on hindsight. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

Use remote option of "Video & TV SideView" application.

Change remote to touchpad option. Now you can move arrow to accept area and accept the terms.

When that's done, ES explorer will be shown in normal way.

profile.country.GB.title
lennoxwalter3
Explorer

ES file explorer had been banned from google play store for some reasons.

If you just want to use it to sideload apps to your TV you can try another tool "smart tv apk downloader" instead, or even you can use it to sideload ES file explorer from other sources if you insist.