Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not loading properly - spinning icon

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Netflix not loading properly - spinning icon

Only recently, Netflix is not loading properly via the remote control 'Netflix' button and/or 'Home screen'.  It used to be fine.  You get that 'spinning icon' wurring and nothing happens.

No surprise it has occured since the last Sony software update.

I am not happy that to get it working I have to do a 'soft' reset via the remote control.

I am not alone as clearly this is a Sony related issue and not Netflix.

Please would Sony read & digest this link here:

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004LaWx9SAF/netflix-not-working-properly-after-upgra...

My TV model is: KD55XD8599

Software version: PKG5.381.0167EUB

I am on the latest Netflix software version: 6.1.1-2440 R 2018 Ninja

Please can this issue be fixed.

Many thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

And this poor guy is also suffering from the same thing here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-issue-with-kd55xe9005/m-p/2565147#M33654

And a 'factory reset' option should not be the solution.

profile.country.FI.title
lestile
Explorer

Yes, it's getting pretty annoying. Also happening on my X850C (2015 model). Fastest way to 'fix' it is to long press HOME which opens a task switcher. There you can close the app by selecting it, pressing down, and OK. The re-launch Netflix and it should work now.

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Dear Moderators,

Please would you let us know when this is going to be fixed?

Are you liaising directly with Sony?

I have reported my issue directly with Sony and obtained a reference number and I strongly recommend that others do so aswell so that Sony are fully aware of this on going issue.

Sony are absolutely useless, it is disgusting.  I was promised a call back and an update within 48 hours and nothing.

profile.country.AR.title
dmalanij
Explorer

I had the same problem for a while (I guess that since Nov 2018). The only solution was killing the application and relaunching it. 

Yesterday the TV prompted me for an update and after that the problem seems to have been resolved.

Right now the netflix application is 6.1.3 build 2486
One noticeable thing is that the N with the spinner has disappeared from the loading process, it now prompts directly the profile selection.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work. Hope yours tv gets the software update as well and gets the problem solved

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Aah yes, me too, I got a TV update aswell but as it was late last night I haven't yet tested the Netflix application.

I will do so tonight, thanks.

Watch this space...............

profile.country.GB.title
StephenRidge
profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

No, the Netflix issue still persists.  The TV software update has not solved it.

Anyone else?

profile.country.AR.title
dmalanij
Explorer

Just mentioned this to Tobias. For me the issue in the end is not solved, but somehow minimized. The app now works fine for a while but eventually end up in the same situation: the N with the neverending spinner. I can't figure out a pattern yet, but is happening less than before last week's update.

Cheers

bobe1492
New

This problem started slowly a few months ago on my Bravia, I now must repower TV every day for Netflix to load. Have tried all suggested fixes. Very frustrating!