Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not loading properly - spinning icon

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Netflix not loading properly - spinning icon

Only recently, Netflix is not loading properly via the remote control 'Netflix' button and/or 'Home screen'.  It used to be fine.  You get that 'spinning icon' wurring and nothing happens.

No surprise it has occured since the last Sony software update.

I am not happy that to get it working I have to do a 'soft' reset via the remote control.

I am not alone as clearly this is a Sony related issue and not Netflix.

Please would Sony read & digest this link here:

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004LaWx9SAF/netflix-not-working-properly-after-upgra...

My TV model is: KD55XD8599

Software version: PKG5.381.0167EUB

I am on the latest Netflix software version: 6.1.1-2440 R 2018 Ninja

Please can this issue be fixed.

Many thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
steve.shepherd71
Explorer

We have also been experiencing this issue for a few weeks, very frustrating. Looking forward to a fix as the software update didn’t resolve it for us

profile.country.GB.title
Pingwingen
New

I'm having the same issue on my 55x8005c running the latest update from Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
4timepi
New

Hi

I've faced the same problem and made small app to solve it. All the application do is force stop old instance of Netflix and start new one. It's open source. You can compile it on your own or use my APK.

1. Install app on your SONY TV

2. Since now start NETFLIX via new N icon

3. If you are using NETFLIX remote button remap it with netflixbuttonchanger

4. Please tell me if it helps

netflixrelauncher_1_0.pngNetflix Relauncher 1.0

Link to APK

Source

profile.country.GB.title
demac134
Explorer

I have two Sony TV’s only one of which has this problem, KD-55XD8599. All software is up to date. The lastest solution received from Sony is to follow this link and carry out the following 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00201618 

Just like smartphones and tablets, if you have too many apps open, you can experience low system memory symptoms on Sony's Android TV. This stops the system from running as efficiently and may cause performance issues.

It’s recommended to free up memory by closing apps running in the background or restarting the TV.

To close running apps, please follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold the HOME button on the remote control.
  2. Press the left or right arrow button to highlight the app.
  3. Press the down arrow button to highlight X (Dismiss) icon.
  4. Press the Enter button.

NOTE: Task-switching (toggle between apps and quickly access or close recently used apps), is available on Android Nougat OS and later.

There were only two apps open, Netflix and Prime. We always exit the apps when we finish watching so can’t understand why the apps where still running. Is this the problem, apps not closing down?  So far it appears to be working. I’m waiting for a response from Sony to my question if this is regular procedure I’ll have to carry out.