Join now - be part of our community!

Oreo Update November 2019

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hadian
Explorer

Oreo Update November 2019

Following the problems caused on many TVs by the 1st Oreo update, has anybody chanced the 2nd update launched November 2019 in the UK.

Very keen to know in advance coz the 1st one caused me no end of problems with Auto Channels and IVP6 on my Sky router.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf75xx_x75xxf-series/kd-49xf7596/download...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just press the help button and it will give you the actual firmware release on the right upper corner

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

Hi, I updated my Sony Bravia 55" OLED to Android v 8.0 [Oreo] via a USB a few months ago and have had no issues.  I awaited an over the air update but this never came so I resorted to loading v 8.0 from a USB.  Another concern I had was the maintaining of the sub-woofer output, which 8.0 does keep.  My v 8.0 is set for future automatic updates but none have so far emerged.  I cannot assist in your issues with your Sky Router as I do not have this or any experience of Sky equipment.  I use a Huawei router on 3G. Vince

profile.country.GB.title
Hadian
Explorer

Hi, sorry my post seems to have been misinterpreted.  I'll try to clarify.

With the original and first upgrade to Oreo I DID have a problem and resolved this with the advice of a forum member by turning off IVP6 on my router and setting the Auto Channel to a fixed number.

This problem is now resolved by my settings to my Router.

What I am asking NOW is this:

Has any forum member accepted the new, now 2nd Oreo, update which was released November 2019?

After previous problems I am cautious of accepting any updates from Sony without finding out beforehand if they are going to cause problems with my TV functionalities again.

Once bitten twice shy.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This is at least the fourth iteration of oreo..you should have missed some.

profile.country.GB.title
Hadian
Explorer

The Dark 4th then!

My TV is on auto update and it received the first when it rolled out in the UK.

It affected my TV from the get go and was onto Sony right away.

Since then there have been no other updates from them until an email last week telling me to head over to the update site and download from there.  I don't know about a 2nd or 3rd.  Other people have had different experiences as you say you have had 4.  I have complained to them several times and eventually gave up as a robot auto replied every few weeks "We are still investigating".  I sorted it out myself eventually with a guy on here giving me advice about IVP6.

However....all that aside.  I just want to know if anybody has downloaded the NEW and LATEST Nov 2019 update, as per my link up there from Sony.  Again, I am cautious and keen to know if anyone in the UK has downloaded it.  I don't think it is captured by the Auto Update on Bravia TV Sets.  This is the place to come and ask, that's all I want to know. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Jon1186
Explorer

Hi @Hadian, if you're talking about v6.6545 (link below) then yes I've downloaded and installed it on my KD-49XE8396. No problems so far but update doesn’t seem to have made any noticeable improvements either. 

I've not experienced the issues you were having so I can't comment beyond that I'm afraid. I've taken the view that I imagine there's more big fixes and improvements added than are documented so it's always worth having the latest version, but if you've had problems which have taken time to resolve then there's probably little reason to upgrade right now, especially if there's Android Pie starting to make its way out by all accounts. Might be better to skip this update and wait for Pie.

Link to firmware

profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

Four iterations of Oreo?  Where can these be found?  Not on the official Sony Support page.  In my previous post I referred to v8.0 which is Oreo, released by Sony on their support page in late Nov 2019 and referenced as Firmware Update v6.6545.  It seems all posts are referring to the same thing so where are the other versions you elude to?  I can only reference my own TV, a KD55AF8.  In case it is relevant my Settings|About menu shows it as Version 8.0.0  Vince

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The support site refers always to the latest. If I remember well there were at least 6.6510 6.6520 and maybe 6.5835

profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

OK thanks for that information.  Kudos given.  Now I have no idea what version I am running.  I thought v6.6545 as that was on the current web page but I did download this update a couple of months ago.  Unfortunately my TV system settings only refer to version 8.0.0.  Unless you know of a part of the settings menu which shows this that I am not exploring.  Vince

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just press the help button and it will give you the actual firmware release on the right upper corner