Join now - be part of our community!

Oreo Update November 2019

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hadian
Explorer

Oreo Update November 2019

Following the problems caused on many TVs by the 1st Oreo update, has anybody chanced the 2nd update launched November 2019 in the UK.

Very keen to know in advance coz the 1st one caused me no end of problems with Auto Channels and IVP6 on my Sky router.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf75xx_x75xxf-series/kd-49xf7596/download...

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

Thanks Rooobb.  Interesting.  It seems I am running PKG6.6510.0250EUA so am not running the latest.  However, I shall await this latest update to be delivered over the air just to see that working.  I may report back when this happens.  Providing I don't die of old age first.  Vince

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

I presume, since the Sony support website doesn't include my XG9505 in the models which are due to receive the 6.6545 update, it means that the mainboard in mine already has the enhancements to be found in this latest update and I am ok to remain on 6.2466 ?

profile.country.GB.title
Craggles123
Explorer

I also have the XG9505 so I would also like the clarification on the update too. 

Also, our TV's are supposed to be compatible with Imax Enhanced via Rakuten, is this to be included in a future update?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You do not have any alternative that to wait for specific upgrade of your tv (that should be the pie one btw). Regarding IMAX it is not a new standard only a cerification ...they are standard hdr10 dts movie remastered by IMAX and you should already enjoy them

profile.country.GB.title
Craggles123
Explorer

This is not the case. The Sony website clearly states that the films will be shown in Imax on select models. The XG9505 is one of those models and the films including Imax scenes will be shown in full Imax ratio. 

But the ratio does not change including the filmed in IMAX footage that is listed at a different ratio.

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

You'd need to have an IMAX enhanced blu ray 4k source to experience full IMAX enhanced, as well as other IMAX enhanced AV components  

You should hopefully get an updated Rakuten app at some point I assume that will start to have IMAX enhanced UHD content, the apps not available on my XF90 (and sideloading the Rakuten TV App only works in 1080P)

As far as aspect ratio is concerned, IMAX have confirmed in press releases that if your 4K TV is not IMAX Enhanced compatible, if it's got HDR10 when you watch an IMAX Enhanced 4K Blu-ray disc you will still see the expanded aspect ratio and remastered picture that is 'baked in' to the content

profile.country.FI.title
erkkipj
Explorer

Just updated with USB-stick my 55-XF9005 from Android 7 v.6.56 to android 8.0 v.6.6545 without any problems.
So the latest update may be quite good. I am very satisfied!

profile.country.GB.title
Craggles123
Explorer

Yes but that is the point. This TV is supposed to be Imax Enhanced and in partnership with Rakuten to give Imax presentations. The XG9505 is listed.

However, this appears to not be in swing yet which is why I am asking if that will change with the next software update as the images are not enhanced as they should be for my compatible model.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not see in any site a different explanation of what an IMAX content should different with standard HDR10/DTS Audio except for post production done by IMAX itself and declared to be rendered right on certified product (such as your tv). Maybe I miss something ... https://www.whathifi.com/advice/imax-enhanced-everything-you-need-to-know

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

I have on my kd65xf9005. I still get wifi not connected message now and again. Is it better to put sky router on a certain channel and disable IPV6?