Join now - be part of our community!

Programme remote buttons

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Programme remote buttons

On XH90 with remote RMF-TX500E is there a way to programme buttons on it?

I want to use with my BT UHD box. It’s up to date, and most buttons work, but to get to the recordings list (My TV on BT) the button doesn’t work on the remote. It’s labelled Rec List so was hoping would. 

I have to press about 3 buttons to get to the list, info...guide...scroll along to My TV. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi MrQwerty111,

This remote cannot be programmed unfortunately.

Maybe you can use a programmable one instead of this one to have all the options.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Ah ok pity, so no apps either that could? So why doesn’t the rec list button do what’s it named as then?

profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

Presumably it doesn't work because its a function of your BT UHD box and not the TV. If its like my TV its expecting a USB HDD as a recording source.

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

I agree but the whole point of the remote having these extra buttons is to control other units.

On initial setup it asked what control/unit I wanted to control, choose this and a lot has worked but not this for some reason
Thanks
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

The whole point of the remote having extra buttons like the one you quote is for when a HDD is connected to a TV USB socket.

The Sony remote IMHO is not designed to be a universal remote hence the reason I have a Logitech Ultimate remote and hub (Alexa controlled).

I personally think you are expecting too much from a generic Sony TV remote.

It is after all a TV remote not a universal programmable remote.

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Fair do, it works well apart from the shortcut to recorded programmes. Didn’t realise it did USB HDD recording, probably as you say this is what it’s for then.

I do have a harmony remote, but rest of family won’t use it, so just have to stick with this.

I just thought maybe as it’s Android there was an app, I tried one but didn’t work and others were very old.

Thanks