Join now - be part of our community!

"Region screen" at switch-on 55AF9

profile.country.GB.title
ianwilli
Explorer

"Region screen" at switch-on 55AF9

Our 55" AF9, at switch on most times comes up with the "Digital Auto Tune" final region screen overlying whatever we want to watch. The screen has a the usual "OK" box, but will not respond to the remote. The only way to get rid of it is to turn the TV off and on again. It doesn't seem to matter which input it is set to come on with. It happens most but not every time the TV is switched on.

We have obviously tried running the Digital auto tune, which runs to the same "Region" setting screen, which is correct, then closes with the OK button. Next switch on, back it comes.

This is ruining an otherwise fantastic TV, has anybody any idea how to stop it?

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
fred1951
Explorer

So glad to hear that. My tv is now ok too it is 5 days since it came on. Thanks for the tip.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
profile.country.GB.title
RadgiGadgi
Explorer

Thanks for your feedback, after I posted my comments I did a retune and since then I’ve not had another occurrence. I’m sure this is likely to be temporary, but I don’t want to change the settings until I get a recurrence of the problem. Once this happens again I’ll change ,the setting and let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help

Radgi

profile.country.GB.title
fred1951
Explorer

So glad its ok for now. After my factory reset I also had to retune. maybe I should undo my auto tune setting and see if it comes back.

profile.country.GB.title
fred1951
Explorer

I reset the digital auto tune to on and the screen came back again. I am now sure that this is the cause. So I missed one step out to turn this off so here it is with the step in.   HOME, SETTINGS, CHANNEL SETUP, DIGITAL SETUP, TECHNICAL SET UP, AUTO SERVICE  UPDATE, UPDATE ON/OFF TO OFF. 

profile.country.GB.title
RadgiGadgi
Explorer

Hi,
Region screen came back tonight so set auto tune to off, so hopefully that will work. If I don’t see the screen again within the next couple of weeks I’ll post again to confirm your solution.
Thanks for your help
Radgi

profile.country.GB.title
fred1951
Explorer

It should work I have yet to see with the auto set to off. Please let me know if it comes back.

DanJCobb
New

I've had the same issue - hopefully this fixes it. Only had the TV 2 weeks!  Absolutely love it but this has been annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
ianwilli
Explorer

The fix does work, and was eventually sent to me by Sony UK support. In addition after I asked they reassured me that no other function was "broken" by the fix!

profile.country.GB.title
dmsheldon
New

I also have this problem.  However, when I go to Home>Settings> there is no option there for Channel Setup!

profile.country.GB.title
ianwilli
Explorer

Make sure you press the "HOME" button on the TV remote, then on the home screen choose the "Settings" cog at the top right of the screen. I have just checked they are there on mine. Using a third party e.g. Harmony remote sometimes seems to go to a different home screen, and there seems to be more than one "Settings" option.