Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding Windows 10 and X8005C Bravia TV

profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

Regarding Windows 10 and X8005C Bravia TV

I seem to be having a problem whilst using my tv as a desktop monitor. I have connected my desktop via HDMI to the 4k tv, and whilst it does work well, especially in enhanced mode on hdmi, there seems to be a problem as every couple of hours I get some sort of screen tear followed by the mouse sort of trailing and acting all slow. It usually only happens in desktop especilly when viewing movies or videos through it, but the problem is that its also affecting windowed games (such as atlantic fleet). I have tried reverting nvidia drivers for my GTX 980ti to see if it would help but nothing is helping. I even disconnected all my devices. Again, it feels like the desktop suddenly starts screen tearing whilst the mouse keeps trailing as you move it. I am on windows 10 and had absolutely no problems on my last monitor/hdtv that I owned previous to this one. 

2 REPLIES 2
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Do you use a Xbox One controller at all?

A recent Microsoft update has broken a load of programs due to an update to the Xbox One controller driver.

I have had the massive mouse lag problem, and I know what causes it and I can replicate it time after time.

My problem is if I use any game through Uplay client.  For example I play The Division for a few hours and then quit the game, If the Uplay client is still open, after 10 minutes my Xbox One Controller turns itself off to save battery and at that very instant EVERY time I get hit by the mouse lag bug exactly as you describe, and the only way out of it is to reboot my pc from the switch on my case.

I know the updated driver has caused problems with Teamspeak, Uplay, It completely breaks ALL functionality with Pinnaccle Game Profiler and no doubt a load more apps I don't know about.

Here is a thread discussing the problem here, Microsoft are aware of the issue :

Windows 10 Mouse Lag

profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

Hi yes I have noticed sometimes Ubisoft will hard lock my PC, but the problem I am having is more to do with the TV's Hz. I have been testing things out and when this problem happens (It happens almost anytime randomly as long as I am in the desktop and not a fullscreen game). It feels like the TV has reverted to 30hz as I have tested the TV at 30HZ and it feels similarly sluggish. I am going to inform Nvidia and see if they can offer anything as it seems to be just me with this annoying problem. I could go a whole day without a problem and suddenly boom, that weird glitch will appear for about 20 seconds then go away for a good few hours.