Join now - be part of our community!

Restarts every 30 Mins

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ChrisAmos3
Explorer

Restarts every 30 Mins

My TV did not take the Marshmallow upgrade.

However, yesterday it started to power off and reboot ~every 30 minutes.

I have tried a factory reset but never convinced it actually reset as i didn't have to go through the initial setup.

Any thoughts?  

PS I have disconnected it from receiver, etc. and just watched Netflix and it still reboots every 30 mins.  😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ChrisAmos3
Explorer

Hmmm

Seems to have sorted itself out now.  What would be handy would be knowing when an update had actually happened.

But TV is working OK so I can't complain.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

You may try to start the television in Safe Mode and see if the problem persists. Or even better reset it again to factory Settings. You must get into the configuration screens after that. If you don't then the reset didn't really happen (not completely at least, some data is still there and it must be completely erased).

profile.country.GB.title
ChrisAmos3
Explorer

Hi, Tried this (needed to press Vol down just as the Sony logo started to fade.

Didn't make any difference it still rebooted after 30 mins.

However, having gone out and come back several hours later it seems to be OK now.

profile.country.GB.title
ChrisAmos3
Explorer

Hmmm

Seems to have sorted itself out now.  What would be handy would be knowing when an update had actually happened.

But TV is working OK so I can't complain.

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

Hi. How long have you had the TV? Ours has had similar problems from the start. Each time they get sorted after a few days, often by themselves, but if it takes a factory reset you're back to starting over with custom settings (like channel lists and that annoying light under the Sony logo). I wish we'd got a refund at the start. Our experience like many on this forum is they keep coming and coming. You end up living with a TV you don't like, barely using the features because you know the next reset is a 30 minute task of reinstating settings. Get rid!

profile.country.GB.title
ChrisAmos3
Explorer

Hi,

I have had the TV for 18 months or so.  I use very few features on the TV as I drive it via a Sony Receiver and use a Sky Box for Satellite.  The only TV features I use are Netflix, Amazon and youtube.  Over all i have had very few problems (a while back I couldn't get the WiFi to work and now the restart).  These things seem to come and go and as there is no logging you never know when an upgrade has taken place.

Overall I find the picture quality awesome in HD and UHD.

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

Agreed, as a screen only, the picture quality is very good. And, if you can get your images from other sources, then the problems are far fewer. It's just when you want it to work as a TV the issues start!

profile.country.GB.title
TheisHP
Explorer

So thia is NOT solved! Why post it as solved? Just because it sorted itself out?

I have a 1 year old AF8 that just started doing this. Completely useless TV now. When watching something Android will reboot every 30 minutes. When switched off, the TV will power itself on and off wvery 30 minutes, driving us insane duri g the night with the click-click.

Tried unplugging and replugging. Updating firmware. Going through HDMI settings etc.

Not solved!