Join now - be part of our community!

Soap opera effect

profile.country.GB.title
Jes16Han312
New

Soap opera effect

Hi I have a new KD-49XF9005 tv and unlike most people I really like the soap opera effect on my screen. The pic on the news and soap operas (Ha !) ect, is grea,t but what are the best setting to recieve the same smoothness on all programmes. I have the motion setting on smooth and film mode to off but still cant get the desired effect on most tv progs  . Its just a personal thing but I love the smoothness. Thanks. Any help with the best settings  for this would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Jes16Han312  schrieb:

I have the motion setting on smooth and film mode to off but still cant get the desired effect on most tv progs

Film mode set to Off is your mistake. This setting determines for which content to apply motion interpolation. When set to High, the TV will apply motion interpolation for basically everything. In case of the XF9005, I would go for the Custom Motionflow setting and set Smoothness to 5 (if you like soap) and Clearness to 1. The latter enables X-Motion Clarity.

With respect to motion interpolation, Film mode determines for which content to apply it while the Motionflow Smoothness slider determines the "strength of the filter". The more you crank it up, the more pronounced the soap.

So try:

Motionflow: Custom

Smoothness: 5

Clearness: 1

Film mode: High

profile.country.GB.title
Jes16Han312
New

Brilliant. Works a treat. Many thanks. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GR.title
bacardi21