Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 50W800C multiple issues

profile.country.GB.title
nickpma
New

Sony 50W800C multiple issues

Hi all,

I've got the following issues with my TV, for which I hope there's a solution.

Firmware is all up-to-date. Batteries in remote are new ones.

1. Can't connect to WiFi network

It often happens that my TV disconnects from the WiFi network.

When going to the WiFi connection menu, it sees the network, I enter the correct WiFi password, but in the end it will indicate that the network could not be found.

I've got 4 other devices connected to it just fine.

It is only 3 meters from the router, without anything blocking it. The signal is full strength.

2. Randomly turns on/off

What happens very irregularly is that the TV turns randomly on or off.

Sometimes when turning the TV off, it turns itself back on again after maybe 10 seconds, 1 minute or a few minutes.

And today we were watching TV with the remote on the table and it suddenly turned itself off.

After turning it back on it was fine again. We've got the power saving mode turned off and it only happens very randomly, perhaps once a week.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

WIFI can be always problematic.. be sure you use a channel that is free in your apartement, better if you choose on 1,6 or 11 https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

For the second problem, are you sure you don't press too long the poweroff button? In that case it would reboot

profile.country.GB.title
nickpma
New

Hello,

Thanks for the response. No the WiFi channels are not the issue.

There isn't much interference. It shows as full strength, then I try to connect and suddenly the network can't be found...very strange.

Any other device connects just fine.

And for the 2nd issue.

I understand you're trying to help, but please read my question.
And today we were watching TV with the remote on the table and it suddenly turned itself off.

Don't know how much more clear I can say that the remote wasn't even close to us.

It happens sometimes after going to bed, when it suddenly turns itself back on. Or when you're in the middle of a show and it turns itself off.